Twitist Forums
Does the facebook group "seen by" feature work if you only see the post on your newsfeed? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook groups (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Does the facebook group "seen by" feature work if you only see the post on your newsfeed? (/thread-117691.html)

Does the facebook group "seen by" feature work if you only see the post on your newsfeed? - whatquestions - 03-24-2014 11:34 AM

For instance, if I am a member of a group, and I don't look at the group, but I get updates in my email and on my newsfeed, can the other members of the group see that I've "seen" the post?

I don't want others to know that I've seen posts in the group, but I get email notifications and some posts appear on my newsfeed.

I have not entered the group to "see" posts; I've only seen them in my email and on my newsfeed.
Not sure how I would test it. If I go to the group page to look, it will show "seen by" me.

Any suggestions are welcome.

- abraXus - 03-24-2014 11:34 AM

im not entirely sure, but i dont think so, i think you have to go to the group page

why dont you just test it and find out?

- Daniel - 03-24-2014 11:44 AM

No its Only if you View the Post Inside the Group That the Seen By Feature Would Be Recorded