Twitist Forums
Reporting a facebook page to the police? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook friends (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Reporting a facebook page to the police? (/thread-117722.html)

Reporting a facebook page to the police? - Jazza - 03-24-2014 11:34 AM

There is a facebook page that is bullying one person. There are 2 'meme' groups bullying this one 15 year old girl. I am worried that she will commit suicide because she is getting bullied so much. I have and lots of other people have reported the page to Facebook but they said it wasn't removed. So my friend and I are going to the local police station tomorrow and showing screenshots of the page.
Will they investigate or they just ignore it? I feel like I need to do something about it.

Thanks

- Smilingdesk696 - 03-24-2014 11:43 AM

I really commend what you are doing.

- Argus Tuft - 03-24-2014 11:48 AM

Good on you for looking out for someone else, but if the admin at Facebook won't do anything about it, I doubt the police can. Action will only occur after something serious has happened, which could be too late.

- Alan - 03-24-2014 11:50 AM

It's a bad situation, but I doubt this rises to the level of police involvement. If Facebook will not remove the pages, that's probably the end of it.

- Tin-God - 03-24-2014 11:50 AM

well good on you and all the others who are backing this girl up
yes go to the police and contact your Member of Parliament as-well.
face book has said in the past it was making it easier for people to report abuse on F-B but clearly that is not the case so yes make a stand
and please send this girl messages of support, let the bully's see its them who are looking silly
all the best