Twitist Forums
How can you change your Facebook relationship status without the other person knowing? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook profile (/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: How can you change your Facebook relationship status without the other person knowing? (/thread-117738.html)

How can you change your Facebook relationship status without the other person knowing? - Amelia Burnst - 03-24-2014 11:34 AM

I know this sounds weird, but I'd like to change my status from "In a Relationship" to "Single" without the person I'm "in a relationship with" knowing. I have social anxiety and am really awkward, and I know my guy friend likes other girls, so I'd like to change it without a fuss. Is there a way to discreetly change it so know one notices (including him)? (He has another account that he usually uses, so he might not even notice -but I don't want to take the chance.)
If I change it and then delete the status quickly, though, will he know? Will it show up on his feed or notify him?

- Cup - 03-24-2014 11:41 AM

Who cares if your facebook status changes, its frickin facebook!

- Samantha Defferary - 03-24-2014 11:46 AM

yes you can change it and then delete the status quickly when it appears.

- Sasha - 03-24-2014 11:54 AM

i'm pretty sure no matter what he will notice. i think you should take this as an opportunity to face your fears and do the right thing and just tell him. it's uncomfortable, yes, but it is the best way.