Twitist Forums
Is YouTube allowed to put ads on my videos without paying or at least telling me? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook ads (/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: Is YouTube allowed to put ads on my videos without paying or at least telling me? (/thread-117915.html)

Is YouTube allowed to put ads on my videos without paying or at least telling me? - jamilaelzofri - 03-24-2014 11:37 AM

So I wanted to watch an old video of mine and I noticed there was an advertisement commercial before it. Don't they have to ask for my permission to do that? Or pay me or something

- Omar - 03-24-2014 11:43 AM

YouTube is allowed to do anything... It's there own website.. i'd do the same if it was my website but ads aren't my thing you know !

-Hope i helped!!!

- Jake - 03-24-2014 11:46 AM

Read the terms and conditions... And yes they are..

- frogKing - 03-24-2014 11:48 AM

That's because youtube like facebook makes content to attract users FOR the advertisement. That's how youtube remains free - they allow users to upload and view videos in exchange for them looking at some advertisements that pay youtube.

The terms and conditions also specify the purpose of the site and how youtube will utilize the videos.

Also, the ads aren't specifically targeting your video, it might be randomly selecting videos to show ad in.

- Glenn Ratcliffe - 03-24-2014 11:53 AM

Yep, their allowed (they own the site). But that's how they stay in business. That's why you get free youtube (same as Tv), the add's pay for it.

- henry thomas - 03-24-2014 11:56 AM

It's their site yes

- Summer time - 03-24-2014 12:05 PM

This a brilliant question finally someone asked.