Twitist Forums
What does it mean when people say this? mainly on twitter..? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter abbreviations (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: What does it mean when people say this? mainly on twitter..? (/thread-1183.html)

What does it mean when people say this? mainly on twitter..? - alexa♥ - 09-30-2012 10:02 PM

what does it mean when for e.g. somebody says something really funny and the other person is laughing and replies with something like 'OMG, I CAN'T xD'
what does 'i can't' mean in this term? cause i've seen it a lot on twitter
just wondering:-)
thanks
'TaraNath' - huh? i don't get what you mean.

- haseeb.khan21 - 09-30-2012 10:10 PM

It means 'I can't wait!' and then a smily face eg: xD

- TaraNath - 09-30-2012 10:10 PM

Just wondering ? You mean curious about it by a narrow margin ? Let folks tweet and bleat.OMG is a chemical formula. Some people find that funny for which you should be thankful. Can't you xD it" ? What does that mean ?

- Mitsuki - 09-30-2012 10:10 PM

'haseeb' is wrong. 'I can't" does not mean that. It's real meaning is when something is supposed to be so funny/ strange/ weird that the speaker cannot help laughing. 'I can't' was once derived from 'I can't breathe' (because of laughing).

For example: If you saw someone wearing really bad trousers, you might say, 'I cant!' to your friend, meaning "I can't believe it, I can't cope, I'm going to laugh. I just can't look."

Or another example would be: If your friend just told you a joke and you were crying from laughter. 'I can't' would take the meaning of 'I can't breathe.'

It's mostly used by the younger members of the online community. Smile I hope this helps you!

- Jordan - 09-30-2012 10:10 PM

Ignore TaraNath, she is a f.uck wit