Twitist Forums
How come my friend's name isn't showing up on the search pages on Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Pages (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: How come my friend's name isn't showing up on the search pages on Facebook? (/thread-11864.html)

How come my friend's name isn't showing up on the search pages on Facebook? - Music Man - 10-15-2012 08:06 PM

I was looking for a friend of mine who I've met on the Public message boards and she gave me her email address and through email she gave me her name so I could find her on Facebook and her name isn't showing up on the search pages, we have no mutual friends and I still would like for us to be close friends

- concerned - 10-15-2012 08:14 PM

Tell her to send you her profile link

- Chris G - 10-15-2012 08:14 PM

She may have her profile hidden from the Facebook search.  Get her to send you a direct link, or a FB message.

- Dr.M - 10-15-2012 08:14 PM

It's either her privacy settings, your privacy settings, or both. If I remember correctly, default will keep you from searching people that have no mutual friends with you. Just go into your settings and change it to full availability or something around that same concept.