Twitist Forums
Why did I get this notification from Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook notifications (/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Why did I get this notification from Facebook? (/thread-119139.html)

Why did I get this notification from Facebook? - American Idol Fanatic 4ever - 03-24-2014 04:18 PM

I got an e-mail notification from Facebook saying that someone had commented on one of my photos on my profile. However, I did not know this person. I decided to check it out and clicked on the link in the e-mail to see the comment. After I clicked on the link and logged into Facebook, I got a notification that the page could not be viewed, because "the link was expired or I didn't have access to view the page." This person that left the comment called me a bad name and I do not have anyone with this name in my friend's list. My profile is on private and only friends can post comments on my profile or my wall. I scanned my photos for comments and there were no comments posted from this person, just from my actual friends.

Does anyone have any idea why I got this notification then or what is going on?

I don't mind getting notifications, but am confused as to why I got this one if only friends can post comments on my profile...

Thanks for your help! =)
Everything else seems to be fine with my profile.
@dragonwych, thanks! I just changed my password.

- dragonwych - 03-24-2014 04:27 PM

You got spammed, and may well have given out your password. I strongly suggest you change your password immediately. Stick to logging in to Facebook from its home page from now on.

- calmbird573 - 03-24-2014 04:35 PM

Maybe the comments were delete...

- I LOVE MY INDIA - 03-24-2014 04:42 PM

Ya cud be a spam...it cud also mean that some one of ur friend wrote a comment then deleted the comment themselves before u cud read it which is why u got the notification...