Twitist Forums
Interview tomorrow at cabi? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Pages (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Interview tomorrow at cabi? (/thread-119646.html)

Interview tomorrow at cabi? - Anfisa - 03-24-2014 04:26 PM

Hey so I have an interview at an outlet store called CABi and im so unsure of what to wear? they sell the latest trends like cardis and skirts and flowy shirts. really cute small store, but I don't know whether to dress like their brand or more professional. I was thinking a pencil skirt with a colored sweater shirt. I don't really have any cute appropriate blouses. Traditionally I wear Russian dresses which I adore but I am not sure if it would be appropriate. anything helps, thanks so much!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=204890806277651&set=a.177564022343663.27779.121031607996905&type=1&theater

you can see the Russian dress type I wear at that link. I wanted to wear one like that but a neutral color like black or grey ( I have like all imagineable colors) with a color cardigan? let me know pleaseSmile

- Wave2012 - 03-24-2014 04:27 PM

Honestly, those dresses from your link do not fit girls on the picture well (fabric, model of dress).

You can try, if you have not very long dress, but it would not improve your chances on interview. Just because it does not look well made (general impression, at least).

Why the dresses do not impress. I saw photos on your facebook page. You and your friends should try use other fabrics rather than shiny satin-looking ones - you do crazy and unbelievable difficult things with them, but full dresses somehow look not as impressive, as time and skills spent for them. Chinese ribbons, sparkling plastic crystals or lace from underwear (sorry, but sometimes honest critics is good thing), polyester-looking satin - all that decreases value of gigantic work. And read more about patterns. Now dresses do not fit correctly (I could also mention that there is no anything Russian in them, but may be it is how descendants of migrants from Russia see it).

Sorry for direct and not nice answer.

Try pencil skirt and sweater, may be, necklace. Your goal is to make owners believe that you are familiar with modern fashion tendencies, can give good advices for buyers, and at the same time serious and responsible enough.

Good luck on your interview and with your sewing experiments!!!