Twitist Forums
Poll: Do you want to save PBS or do you not care? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Pages (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Poll: Do you want to save PBS or do you not care? (/thread-12030.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Poll: Do you want to save PBS or do you not care? - Rainbow - 10-15-2012 08:10 PM

Since the debate more people have been joining save big bird Facebook page and some people say that if big bird is gone = no more education. Others have been saying that without PBS is better. So which one do you agree with? Explain why.
Actually yes. There is a save Elmo, grouch, and the rest of the characters pages too. Even the Muppets.

- DynaFlowHum - 10-15-2012 08:19 PM

Really don't care. Their programing is old and stale and I don't believe the government should own a TV station in the first place.

- Madhaircut654 - 10-15-2012 08:19 PM

PBS and Big Bird get almost zero ratings and it is a worthless channel that has been outdated since the growth of cable TV in the late 1980's

- striker - 10-15-2012 08:19 PM

screw the liberal pbs. they need to survive or fail on their own.

- Zaza - 10-15-2012 08:19 PM

Government funds are a very small part of PBS funding. Big Bird will survive without federal funds. Public Broadcasting survived long before the federal government.

- willie mammoth - 10-15-2012 08:19 PM

i really dont care it has its function but lets it be self supporting like every other TV station

- Yeah, butt - 10-15-2012 08:19 PM

govt has no place in providing media.

- The Virginian - 10-15-2012 08:19 PM

I have always supported PBS and what it stands for. I support them with a regular membership. Republicans have always tried to kill the objective reporting along with the kids educational programs including Sesame Street and Big Bird. The Republicans will continue to fail. Less than 5% of its funding comes from the government.

- ExpertDesperado797 - 10-15-2012 08:19 PM

"some people say that if big bird is gone = no more education."

If Big Bird is the only entity educating our children, we are so beyond fking screwed it's not even funny.

- Mog - 10-15-2012 08:19 PM

I learned a lot from Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers and Reading Rainbow when I was a little latchkey kid. I think it is necessary to save PBS. They do more than just educate children with childrens programming.
But they also have symphonies, DIY shows, history and nature documentaries. Things a little latchkey kid on the prairie with 10 channels would never get to see otherwise.

I say cut the tax cuts for the super rich, and listen to them squeal like greedy pigs. Until they realize it's not so bad to be as poor as the rest of us