Twitist Forums
Does Facebook give you any viruses? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook apps (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Does Facebook give you any viruses? (/thread-120548.html)

Does Facebook give you any viruses? - ChemMajor - 03-24-2014 04:42 PM

Whats the risk of me getting viruses from Facebook usage?
Does Facebook install viruses on your computer automatically without you knowing it?
I know about the Secret Crush app one, but I dont even have that, so I'm not worried about that.
But I've got a bunch of stupid game apps, like Jetman, scramble, bumper sticker, etc. and those that are obviously just HTML/java/flash based.
I'm using firefox, and I never download any new program if the apps need it. I usually dont bother with them then.
What's the potential for me getting a virus from fb?

- McLovin - 03-24-2014 04:49 PM

facebook won't screw with your computer on its own. just don't friend anybody you don't know and don't add too many apps. you'll be fine.

- Skytide - 03-24-2014 04:52 PM

No, you won't get a virus from Facebook. The possibilities of you getting a virus on Facebook are the same as using Yahoo Answers or any other well known website.

My friends and I use Facebook daily with no problems. I've been using it for years.

- kindvein417 - 03-24-2014 04:56 PM

there is very little potential of getting a virus from facebook or one of the apps. if you are seriously concerned, just use apps that have lots of users, that way if there was a virus it will have been reported. hope that answers your question Smile