Twitist Forums
Is there anything in Space that resembles the World Trade Centers? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Pages (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Is there anything in Space that resembles the World Trade Centers? (/thread-12077.html)

Is there anything in Space that resembles the World Trade Centers? - Manuel - 10-15-2012 08:11 PM

I have a community page on Facebook about Astronomy. I'm looking for a picture of something in Space that resembles the Twin Towers in some way in commemoration of 9/11. If you guys have anything, let me know. Thanks!

- Demetrius Johnson - 10-15-2012 08:19 PM

There is nothing but rock planets and gas planets on earth and they also a the asteroid belt but that is it oh yeah the sun to so no there is not anything in resemblance.

- Caitie - 10-15-2012 08:19 PM

No, but I'm sure someone will suggest that they exist on Mars! Of course, they don't. I don't know of any specific structures on asteroids or any of the planets or their moons that look like man-made skyscrapers. There are mountains and craters and other natural formations, but nothing like the Towers.

- Mike - 10-15-2012 08:19 PM

Well... the pillars of the Eagle Nebula might work for the purpose you are suggesting.

Not really what I would consider entirely appropriate, but there are people that will gush over any multiple-column-like photo and declare a resemblance to the Twin Towers.

- Elflaeda - 10-15-2012 08:19 PM

The only thing I can think of are the Pillars of Creation in the Horsehead Nebula.

I think they're beautiful.

- Ramtin - 10-15-2012 08:19 PM

Maybe The Pillars of Creation would be appropriate for your suggestion that's just my profile picture on the left Smile) (click on it).But somehow it's like 3 "towers" not 2 to represent the exact towers but you always have photoshop and crop tool...