Twitist Forums
What is the best way to market my independant film using myspace or facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Marketing (/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What is the best way to market my independant film using myspace or facebook? (/thread-12098.html)

What is the best way to market my independant film using myspace or facebook? - howdytoya - 10-15-2012 08:11 PM

I shot a documentary with a friend and we got our first festival acceptance. We made a Myspace page, posted a trailer, but short of inviting our friends, some festival site pages, and making updates about future screenings etc...I'm not sure if I'm using our page as effectively as I could. Is it also better to invite people or urge people to add you? I don't want to be a spammer. Any insight or advice given based on personal experience would be greatly appreciated!

- cool_jivin - 10-15-2012 08:20 PM

Try making a banner your friends could put on their respective myspace and facebook accounts.

- ORB - 10-15-2012 08:20 PM

cry on tv , it work for hillary clinton , it worked for that guy/gal that cried about britney spears .....you'll get noticed and be on the news or youtube

- Over and Out - 10-15-2012 08:20 PM

You should make and event group on facebook, and invite your friends. That way, I think it will show up on their profile, they could invite their friends, and other people might happen onto it through the search.