Twitist Forums
Should I deactivate or delete my Facebook account? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook profile (/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Should I deactivate or delete my Facebook account? (/thread-121128.html)

Should I deactivate or delete my Facebook account? - Seekerguy123 - 03-24-2014 04:52 PM

Hi all. I think I'm ready to leave Facebook for a variety of reasons, particularly for my own privacy reasons. If I choose to deactivate my Facebook account, can the people on my current friends' list still delete or block me or will I just show up as deleting or blocking them? If they can delete or block me after I deactivate, I'd rather just delete my account to simply avoid potential future drama. If I can delete my account, I know I can always create a new account in the future and just start over even though I would have to try to re-friend some people. Should I deactivate or delete my Facebook account? What do you think? Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks.

- jonty800 - 03-24-2014 04:59 PM

Deactivate your account. If you deactivate it, it'll look as if you never existed, plus you would always be able to get it back one day if you really need to

- J - 03-24-2014 05:05 PM

When you deactivate your account, you can sign in anytime you want and your page will reactivate! Smile

- H1321412 - 03-24-2014 05:14 PM

I beleive when you deativate your account it appears to other users as though it was deleted. They won't see you on facebook at all.

- Livvi - 03-24-2014 05:22 PM

Just delete. No drama. No nothing. If you delete it it's no biggie.

- Nancy Smith - 03-24-2014 05:27 PM

I think deactivation is the best one...

- Rom Cartridge - 03-24-2014 05:35 PM

It's a personal decision. This guide will explain you the difference between those two procedures and how to perform each one of them:

http://romcartridge.blogspot.com/2010/04/how-to-delete-facebook-account.html

Good luck!