Twitist Forums
facebook: how to automatically remove all notifications except for what i explicitly allow? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook notifications (/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: facebook: how to automatically remove all notifications except for what i explicitly allow? (/thread-121316.html)

facebook: how to automatically remove all notifications except for what i explicitly allow? - A - 03-24-2014 04:55 PM

i keep getting stupid notifications all the time like tatty teddy and dancing bananas. this is spam, imo. all i ever want to see are notifications from friend activity (wall posts/responses, etc). yes, i know i can click "see all" in my notifications and say ignore tatty teddy notifications, but i shouldn't have to do that. what's the point when new notifications spring up out of the blue all the time anyway?

so what i want is this: not to receive ANY facebook notifications other than the ones i explicitly authorize in the first place.
to serena: this will not work for my situation. i went to the notifications page and scrolled down to applications. i see where i can uncheck apps i don't want in my notification bin, but the problem is that i have to do this every time a new application shows up on facebook. this is exactly what i do not what to have to do. essentially, i want all apps to be automatically unchecked.
lol guys.. stop telling me to click the x next to the notification. that is what i am saying i SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DO. if it can't be done, someone just needs to come out and say it

- *serena* - 03-24-2014 04:59 PM

Click in the upper right hand corner "settings"
Go under "Notifications"
You should be able to disable all other notifications and check what you want to keep.

Hope this helps!

- Stephyb1989 - 03-24-2014 05:08 PM

just click X on the side of the notification and you wont get them anymore