Twitist Forums
Why are all my friends on Facebook mutual friends with EVERYONE? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook profile (/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Why are all my friends on Facebook mutual friends with EVERYONE? (/thread-121388.html)

Why are all my friends on Facebook mutual friends with EVERYONE? - Aaron - 03-24-2014 04:57 PM

Like half of everyone that lives in my town has one of my friends as a mutual friend. What is this?

- Elle - 03-24-2014 05:05 PM

because it's facebook?

- TexHabs - 03-24-2014 05:11 PM

It's either a small town or you're at an age where people " friend " people they know from school.

- Dashley Mae Awa - 03-24-2014 05:17 PM

They just want to have a lot of friends on their Facebook to show off or something like that. I have friends who have more than 2,000 friends, but more than half of them are just strangers.

- Marty88Mph - 03-24-2014 05:20 PM

It's just collecting. They likely don't really know them.

- Nook - 03-24-2014 05:28 PM

Small world.

I live in the mountains, a fairly small community across about 12 small towns, where pretty much *every* person under the age of 25 knows *everyone*. Literally, there's no one in my town who's not connected to someone I know.

- . - 03-24-2014 05:33 PM

this is why i dont have an account.

i call it-degrees of separation. meaning-everyone knows everyone or eventually will. a very dangerous thing if..1)dont associate in the first place. 2)purposely dont want any connections from those of past-for good reason cause it is best as past.

i dont understand how anyone can stand/be ok with prying people. or even give the pleasure indirectly to those youd rather not have any privilege at all.

just because everyone is doing it-doesnt make it right. sometimes,being in the minority is right.