Twitist Forums
Is it possible to live in the modern world and not use Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook notifications (/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Is it possible to live in the modern world and not use Facebook? (/thread-122673.html)

Is it possible to live in the modern world and not use Facebook? - ArtLover - 03-28-2014 11:59 AM

Candy Crush wants me to connect. Farm whatsit wants me to connect. My school sends out notifications solely via Facebook. Everybody wants to connect on Facebook. I can create 10 different logins and passwords for 10 different sites, or I can log in to all of them with Facebook.

Is it so bad to not want to use Facebook? It's inconvenient, but I just feel like I want to keep my private life private. Should I give up and jump on the bandwagon?

OMG FACEBOOK HAS ITS OWN CATEGORY ON Y!A . I think I may have just answered my own question. I'm going to go wear a tin foil hat now before it takes over my brain too.
-
Chris: Yes! That's what I find. It's Facebook or nothing, and Facebook always tries to steal your contacts! I hit the "hell no" button too. I was just wondering if I'm fighting a losing battle here.
-

- Eric - 03-28-2014 12:06 PM

don't do it. its just a phase. remember Myspace?

- Tan - 03-28-2014 12:12 PM

Absolutely, if your worried about the business side of not having a Facebook, there's LinkedIn and for the social side there's twitter, tumblr etc

- punk921 - 03-28-2014 12:24 PM

I don't like using Facebook, as well, mainly because I think it's a privacy invasion(MY OPINION).
Nevertheless, to be connected with my social group, there's always Twitter.

- Chris - 03-28-2014 12:31 PM

There are some applications that give you no choice; it's the only way to authenticate. So far, I have decided simply to not use any of those. I have a (very) few things tied to Facebook, but most applications want rights to access your friends list, personal information, sometimes photos, and worst of all, the right to post as you *even when you're not logged into the application*. To those, I say "hell no", because they're almost certain to spam my wall and my friends with advertising posts that supposedly came from me, many of which I'd probably be unhappy with.

- Kapil - 03-28-2014 12:35 PM

Your private life as much private as you would want to make it.. don't share any personal info there.. just observe activities there.. that's what i do...

- Tommy - 03-28-2014 12:49 PM

I have Family that were on Facebook 'til 3 or 4 years ago . . . then just dropped it & never came back.

I'm not sure who's better off . . . them or me?

- Daniel - 03-28-2014 12:52 PM

Yes its Possible To Do So Not Everybody Is on Facebook and Uses it

- bcnu - 03-28-2014 01:06 PM

I see no reason to ever use FB or even to apply for an account. When I try to comment on blogs and it asks me to "sign in using Facebook", I just assume they don't want my business and so I go away and never come back.