Twitist Forums
My 11 year old sister put on Instagram? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Instagram (/forum-26.html)
+--- Forum: General Instagram (/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: My 11 year old sister put on Instagram? (/thread-122805.html)

My 11 year old sister put on Instagram? - Mike - 03-28-2014 10:38 PM

My 11 year old sister put on Instagram that the only reason she's still alive is that she doesn't want to hurt anyone if she did.
What should I do, I told my mom. But my moms a wreck because when I was younger I tryed to pull that shit and tryed to kill myself. It was dumb and idk why I just made myself crazy.
Any advice?

- Jack - 03-28-2014 10:45 PM

Talk to her. Bring 2 bottles of her favorite drink (one for her, one for you) and ask her what's been bothering her. Ask her with a gentle, caring tone and not an accusatory tone. Tell her that no matter what problem she has, she can always talk to you.
Best of luck Smile

- Alyssa - 03-28-2014 10:56 PM

Talk to her. Make sure you have a heartfelt conversation, there will probably be tears. Be honest with her about how much you care and ask her, what's been on her mind, what's been bothering her. Also, when I was younger, I went through a stage of depression and thought nobody was there for me when in fact a lot of people were. You need to make sure she knows you have her back through everything.

xoxo, Alyssa<3

- Abigail C - 03-28-2014 11:04 PM

Tell an adult like her teacher of a social worker/ counselor at her school. She needs help.

- 124 - 03-28-2014 11:07 PM

Find out what's going on with her. It may run in your family. Make her eat chocolate to increase dopamine levels.