Twitist Forums
My wife chats all the time when she is at home. It annoys me no end. I can't tolerate her chatting!? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Pages (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: My wife chats all the time when she is at home. It annoys me no end. I can't tolerate her chatting!? (/thread-12321.html)

My wife chats all the time when she is at home. It annoys me no end. I can't tolerate her chatting!? - Raaj - 10-15-2012 08:17 PM

I love her and give her a lot of freedom. I also use Facebook, manage groups & pages but my activity is transparent (OK 90%). She works and tells me that there also she checks her offline messages all the time. I feel inadequate as if I am unable to complete her emotional needs to discuss issues and matters those she likes to discuss.

- Pearl L - 10-15-2012 08:25 PM

give her a pet so shes busy talking to them instead of you

- Frank - 10-15-2012 08:25 PM

talk to her as much as possible and spend time with her because she may feel lonely so she chats with friends

- Miz T - 10-15-2012 08:25 PM

Have you talked to her about your insecurities? Have you tried chatting yourself so that you know how harmless it is?

I was thrilled with the Internet making it possible for people to get to know and exchange ideas with people all over the world without leaving one's living room. I started chatting as soon as the software made chat possible (usenet, telnet, listserv, IRC, and so on), and eventually I was involved with online book clubs, movie review groups, and just plain social conversation along with work-oriented communications. My late husband, who was much less computer savvy than I, had a long talk with me about his feeling left out when I used Internet chat for socializing. Two things then changed: I agreed to spend more time in one-on-one communication with him and he agreed to join one of the Internet chat groups, one that used a browser-based interface. He got caught up in the interchange and we developed friendships with people on-line that continued off-line. We visited several of the people we met and they visited us, and we never would have known them if not for the Internet.

I suggest that you have a talk with your wife and retain an open mind to trying new experiences.