Twitist Forums
Girlfriend wants my Twitter & Instagram password.? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Girlfriend wants my Twitter & Instagram password.? (/thread-123368.html)

Pages: 1 2

Girlfriend wants my Twitter & Instagram password.? - Matt - 03-30-2014 10:00 PM

She said all her friends that are in relationships have each others social network passwords, she said we should have each others but I didn't want to, I have absolutely nothing to hide & she should trust me enough not to ask for such an absurd request. I told her we've only been dating for a month, thats way too early for that. She got mad & we haven't spoke all day. Sh*t makes no sense. Suggestions please?

- melissa - 03-30-2014 10:10 PM

She sounds very possessive. Don't do it. If you do. Get hers

- Charlie - 03-30-2014 10:12 PM

tell your gf that just because all of her dumb friends are insecure doesnt mean she has to be too.
ask her for her passwords first, then if she doesnt give them to you, dont give yours to her. helI, even if she does give you hers, dont give her yours.

- Hemlock - 03-30-2014 10:20 PM

Dont give her.Its too much

- El - 03-30-2014 10:28 PM

She should trust you. Giving her the passwords just shows no trust and relationships don't work that way

- Chirp - 03-30-2014 10:34 PM

Don't do it! Even if she threatens to break up. She has no business even asking for it. She doesn't respect healthy and appropriate boundaries. Don't even day, "too soon." The answer is, "No. You have your own accounts and I don't give any of my passwords to anyone for any reason."

- KATIE-ANN H - 03-30-2014 10:49 PM

woah.... dating for one month and she has already asked it that is early. if you had been dating longer then I would say you should give her it because its easy to say you have nothing to hide but with us women you still need to prove it, maybe that's what it is with her. maybe she has been messed around before, but you do know that now you said no her friends are going to be putting all sorts in her head like saying you must be up to something and she may start to believe it. If I was you I would tell her that when you have been together longer (maybe give her a time limit) she can have your password but for now if she wants to check your accounts then you log in to them and show her while your there then she might just back off

- R D - 03-30-2014 10:51 PM

Get out while you can.

- Vyktor1971 - 03-30-2014 11:00 PM

Girlfriend or not, you should NEVER give anyone the passwords to ANY site that is under your name.

- Doug R - 03-30-2014 11:08 PM

Trust is a major stumbling block in young relationships. It takes time & experience to gain the confidence in oneself and what they will & won't put up with or accept in their relationships.
She is deciding what is acceptable behaviour within her social group & possibly family. If she has been hurt in the past by untrustworthy people, she is going to be less tolerant & want to protect herself from possible hurt in the future. But controlling another person will backfire every time. It's all about control. YOU need to decide weather or not to accept that amount of intrusion into your private life, or not. The seriousness of the relationship may dictate what level of exposure you might allow.