Twitist Forums
We have bad tenant living in our house, i want make a Facebook account telling people that he never paid rent.? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Pages (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: We have bad tenant living in our house, i want make a Facebook account telling people that he never paid rent.? (/thread-123776.html)

We have bad tenant living in our house, i want make a Facebook account telling people that he never paid rent.? - Sanghap - 04-01-2014 06:33 AM

The tenant has not paid his rent and after doing some research i found out that he has been doing this for a while. I would like to make a Facebook page to warn others. Altho i have reported him to bad tenants websites. So my question is if i make an facbook account stating that he is bad tenants and to be careful, is that legal? Can i do that? I m planing to sue him in small claims court afterwards, so i don't want it to effect my case.

- Pascal the Gambler - 04-01-2014 06:40 AM

It will affect your case. Legally, it is never wise to make disparaging public statements about someone.

- Landlord - 04-01-2014 06:49 AM

No, facebook will shut you down. You need to evict him and handle monies owed then, you can't both evict and file a separate small claims suit.

- car253 - 04-01-2014 07:04 AM

Bad idea to bash the tenant on websites. He may try to sue you for that. Stop it. Just evict him and ask the judge for the back rent. You don't sue in small claims. The eviction judge handles that too.