Twitist Forums
Why do poor people expect rich people to take care of them? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Why do poor people expect rich people to take care of them? (/thread-124369.html)

Pages: 1 2

Why do poor people expect rich people to take care of them? - john - 04-03-2014 08:28 AM

Please note that I am not talking about those with disabilities or factors out of their control.

I am specifically referring to the following group of people:
During high school they took drugs, went to parties, had sex, talked back to teachers, got expelled, flunked all their tests, and bully "nerds."

Let's assume there is a nerdy boy named "James."
"James" was a virgin throughout high school, was made fun of for being a nerd, got straight A's, studied hard, didn't take drugs or attend drug/alcohol parties, and spent most of his time either studying or programming.

College came around and James landed himself a degree in mathematics, then went and got himself a PhD in mathematics. He opened his own company and software that he had developed through many sleepless nights and hard work and sold advanced software to the private security firms and developed algorithms for the government. James is now worth $5 million dollars.

On the other hand, the "popular kids" from James high school all found jobs at places like Walmart straight out of high school. 10 years later they are poor and living in a trailer park, they have no money and they complain about "rich people" like James being greedy and how "nobody should be worth $5 million." They expect James to give them his hard earned money while they work 5 hours a day, drink beer, and watch TV all day.

Why do poor people expect rich people to take care of them? Why do they blame other people for decisions that they made?
@Don't click on me

Nobody is talentless... you just do not try... James programmed nearly 8 hours a day and had many sleepless nights studying in order to succeed.

Intelligence and skill play no factor on success, but rather hard work and dedication are truly the champions

- Lamar Davis - 04-03-2014 08:43 AM

You can almost not blame these people for being jel. You can blame politicians like Obama that validate their dilusions and stir up controversy. I have seen my great city filled with garbage occupy wallstreet protesters, and now brooklyn is filled with these dirty hipsters, and now we have the communist Bill De Blasio as mayor. I am about to move out of this once great city.

- Pd - 04-03-2014 08:53 AM

Why would you not want to help people? Better hope your company never goes under or your "portfolio" crashes.

- Leo D - 04-03-2014 08:59 AM

Because James' story is such an anomaly.

Most very wealthy Americans have inherited wealth or corporations with tax shelters. They pay LESS taxes than Wall - mart employees.

- Ozymandias - 04-03-2014 09:08 AM

Because they would not be poor if they could think, work, save, and invest.

- Ozymandias - 04-03-2014 09:13 AM

I think it is unfair that only the smartest kids and the most beautiful ones and most talent ones should be successful.

I don't understand why we losers have to be punish so harshly...

It is really really sad that most of us won't go anywhere... just be stuck with this poor life... It is awful. What did we do sooo wrong?
We were born on this earth the same as James.
We went the same school as James
We just got lost somewhere, the teachers didn't slow down and took the time to teach us.

We aren't sitting on our a** doing nothing, we are trying.

I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't have kids, and I am not married...
I don't understand why it is sooo hard for us, why we are so unlucky.
Some of us do have college degrees, but still we are unlucky.

Really really sad.

- Sam II - 04-03-2014 09:19 AM

"Don't give the poor fish, but teach them how to catch fish".

Poor people don't need the rich's money, they only need the means of production. The problem with distribution of income is that; rich people are monopolizing means of production, they refuse to let small producers share the market. They want to take the largest portion of the market, they are both selfish and greedy.

Poor people who were born to poor parents will continue being poor, no matter how hard they try. And rich people born in rich families will continue to be rich no matter how lazy and irresponsible they are. This is totally unfair and causes social problems, crimes and complete destruction of the society.

The solution is simple: truly free market, where people compete fairly, and get what's worth their effort, no corruption, do discrimination, no monopoly. Equal chance for everyone.

- ChipinCA - 04-03-2014 09:29 AM

it's because that's what our government has trained people to do - why work when you can get others to pay taxes and provide for you to sit on your ass. It's getting out of control and people are not standing up against it when they should. too many people are trying to be kind and think giving money to the lazy is honorable. Well it's going to hit this country hard eventually and those of us who have worked hard our whole life are going to get screwed. there is nothing good about what is going on now, people take advantage of it because they can, and no one calls them on it - yet. God help us.

- Mabe - 04-03-2014 09:34 AM

Bad people are always going to want to take someone's money, or worth from them, because they don't want to work or go to school. But, why should other good people struggle trying to make a living when they did finish school, and want to work, and are building or selling good product's from James company making 5 million a year. He couldn't have done this without them. He wouldn't have made anything. After paying all overhead for the year, and he has 5 million, dividing this up equally with the people working,that made it possible, just having the idea isnt enough, would make James a good business man, respectable, and all live comfortably and happily ever after, because he is showing he respects them too. Greedy business owner's take way more than their fair share, unevenly pay people in their business, and make it a miserable working environment, and uncomfortable living conditions is the best some can barely afford, being given poverty wages. Those are like Scrooge..

- billcroghan - 04-03-2014 09:39 AM

For the simple answer demonstrated in detail, read Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged.