Twitist Forums
Is there any way to find a facebook account with an IP address? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook profile (/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Is there any way to find a facebook account with an IP address? (/thread-125159.html)

Is there any way to find a facebook account with an IP address? - john - 04-06-2014 01:00 AM

I have an IP address, is there any way to see if anyone has ever made a facebook account from that IP address?

- 453 - 04-06-2014 01:08 AM

Not for an ordinary person

If you were wanting to find out if anyone else has made started a facebook account using the IP address you have: No, you cannot.

If you were wanting to find out if anyone else (friends, etc) can find out the ip address that you use to access facebook: No they cannot.

If you are wanting to hide from the police because "you don't know my IP address": Sorry. Facebook keeps a log of who accesses their pages from which IP addresses and at what times. They normally keep the information secret (hence the above 2 answers), however they are quite happy (i.e. they have to) to give the logs over to police when the police are doing investigations (with the right authorisation).