Twitist Forums
What are some good careers in Accounting? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: What are some good careers in Accounting? (/thread-125458.html)

What are some good careers in Accounting? - ANsWeR FReAk - 04-07-2014 04:39 AM

So i decided to take Arts (commerce) which includes Accounting, Economics, Computer, Maths and English in my 11th year at school...Can any one give me some careers which pay well but dont seem dreadfully boring...Pretty much my dad's side of the family has done accounts and such and they all seem happy and to be honest, quite rich

I dont wanna wake up everyday, sit in an office...Come home 8 hours later...eat dinner...Sleep and do the same thing tomorrow..I dont wanna throw my life away like that! I am 15 year old boy (yea very young to talk about this but i just need to know, literally its killing me just to know)...So yea any tips? And i just got into my new classroom and to be honest, its terrible...we have the rudest (not strict mind you) RUDEST teachers...And i'll stick with them for 2 years...This one and next year...How do i...well how do i survive, I do have friends from that class but i feel scared and i panic in this new class (And unless i take up science, i cant change my class)

- Prof - 04-07-2014 04:54 AM

Of course accountants are happy and rich. They are in a respected profession, their work is exciting, they do a lot of good for humanity. There are a number of specializations including auditing, tax, cost accounting in a manufacturing business, personal financial counseling, forensic accounting. In any of those they can focus on big or small business, for profit or not-for-profit organizations.

If you decide on accounting in college, then avoid accounting, business, and economics courses in high school. Instead take social science, physical science, math, and language courses to give you as much breadth as possible. Music and arts are also good. English, because you need good communication skills. Leave the business courses for college.

Alternatively, if you decide on a STEM type career (Science, technology, engineering, or mathematics) concentrate of math and science in high school, combined with social sciences, arts, music, English, and foreign language. A STEM oriented degree in college will lead to good jobs, and after a few years of work experience, if you still like the business or management side of life, get an MBA.

The interesting and well-paying jobs after college are majors in STEM or business fields, including accounting, finance, and marketing. Commerce and economics are best avoided in high school and left for college.