Twitist Forums
How do I practically cut off or at the least restrict a Wifi signal originating from a broadband modem router device wit - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: How do I practically cut off or at the least restrict a Wifi signal originating from a broadband modem router device wit (/thread-125762.html)

How do I practically cut off or at the least restrict a Wifi signal originating from a broadband modem router device wit - Pete - 04-08-2014 04:04 AM

The modem is a RT-N10E 150Mbps High Speed Wireless N Router Wi-Fi. Thanks.

Pete Smile

- Elwood_P_Dowd - 04-08-2014 04:14 AM

Have you tried removing the antenna?

- David - 04-08-2014 04:23 AM

Cut off, as in turn off? Log into the router and turn off the wireless.

You can find the manual for your router on-line. If the default account and password given in the manual doesn't work, there's a reset-to-defaults button somewhere on the router. Change the default account and password.

- Don Jeffre - 04-08-2014 04:31 AM

Go into Router setup, and either turn off the wireless altogether, or apply WEP or WPA security. Either of these two security schemes will require users to know the password or network key for access.

- James - 04-08-2014 04:32 AM

You should be able to login to the router by typing the router ip address into a browser. The default for RT-N10E is "192.168.1.1". Default username and password is "admin". From there you can browse to your wireless settings and disable wireless.