Twitist Forums
Is it illegal to put up an ad/ flyer to clean peoples houses? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: SEO Search Engine Optimization (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Is it illegal to put up an ad/ flyer to clean peoples houses? (/thread-126010.html)

Is it illegal to put up an ad/ flyer to clean peoples houses? - Angelia - 04-08-2014 04:08 AM

I'm starting to think about cleaning houses for another part time job. but I don't know if it illegal. can I put up an ad or a flyer without getting in trouble? I would like to know thanks(:

- G-Man - 04-08-2014 04:09 AM

that depends on were you live. Here, its illegal to nail anything on to a telephone pole.

- Abbie - 04-08-2014 04:16 AM

I think you can it may depend on where you live

- Ryan M - 04-08-2014 04:20 AM

No it's not illegal. You can't post the fliers in mailboxes or governmental property, but you can certainly go door to door and leave fliers on the doorstep.

- john - 04-08-2014 04:24 AM

no, just keep them out of the mail box - that is illegal

- BullRooster - 04-08-2014 04:25 AM

Depends on local laws. I get them on my mailbox (not in the mailbox which I think isn't allowed, but on the mailbox between the flag and box) all the time. Sometimes they put then in the storm door which is also allowed, I think, but there are neighborhoods where they are not allowed at all, so make sure.

Have you ever gotten flyers? If so where were they placed.