Twitist Forums
How can you get out of a dish internet contract? They are not meeting the internet speeds promised.? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: How can you get out of a dish internet contract? They are not meeting the internet speeds promised.? (/thread-126166.html)

How can you get out of a dish internet contract? They are not meeting the internet speeds promised.? - brett.shryock - 04-08-2014 04:11 AM

I got dish satellite internet and they offered a 15mbps download and a 5mpbs upload, for the last three months they most I get is 2mpbs download and .072mpbs upload. I can not use regular internet to load webpages. Lord good luck trying to do anything that requires streaming, that won't happen. I have found a wireless company that is now covering my area and they did a site survey of my place and guarantee an excellent signal with speeds of a min of 15mpbs to max of 50pbs download, and a high upload rate with no latency like satellite. So I want to switch but I don't think I should have to pay a cancellation fee due to dish not holding up their end of the deal. Any ideas?????
I have reported it twice to dish and they sent a tech out to check everything and re align the dish but never finds an issue.

- falsi fiable - 04-08-2014 04:18 AM

You have to first report the problem to Dish in order to give them an opportunity to fix the problem.

- Roger - 04-08-2014 04:23 AM

Chances are that the original contract was for speeds "up to" 15Mbs with no actual promise of a minimum, the only thing you can do is try and cancel the contract on the grounds that they have not lived up to their promises and see what happens, Good luck.