Twitist Forums
Sites like Amazon for Australia? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Sites like Amazon for Australia? (/thread-126330.html)

Sites like Amazon for Australia? - ADO - 04-08-2014 04:14 AM

I went on Amazon because Ebay had none of the light novels i wanted nor did the book store in my town.

i got hte books in my cart for $70 and then went oh free shipping then noticed its only for USA and Canada -_-.

So it wanted me to pay $150 for some books honestly $70 was alot for a couple of paperback books alone.

Is there any sites for Australia that offer free shipping when over so much cost because honestly what stops me buying stuff is the $50+ shipping they ask me to pay.
There is no kindle etc so you can't read it the only option i have is through documents which people upload which im pretty sure is not legal.

this is really annoying me i want to read this series but can't because shipping costs twice as much as the products itself at times.

- Agent - 04-08-2014 04:18 AM

There may not be a kindle, but there are still iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android apps that serve the same purpose. There are also things such as the Kobo Ereader, that's one I got a while ago.

I feel your pain, I'm in Australia too and have difficulty accessing some products. But, there are always ways to get those things.

- Leighton - 04-08-2014 04:20 AM

it's too bad they don't have Kindle versions of the novels you like..

I travel quite a bit and use a package forwarding company to forward my purchases from Amazon, ebay etc... It's relatively simple.. the company I use provides me with an address that I use for purchases from Amazon etc.. and then when I want everything forwarded to me they pack it up and ship it off to me..

There are a number of companies like this..
The one I've been using for the last year or so is called Stackry..

nice folks and pretty good with special instructions..