Twitist Forums
Starting a blog? Any tips or ideas? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: SEO Search Engine Optimization (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Starting a blog? Any tips or ideas? (/thread-126451.html)

Starting a blog? Any tips or ideas? - Tori - 04-08-2014 04:16 AM

I was thinking of starting a blog. I want it to be on stuff like fashion, music, baking, beauty etc. But im not sure about what my first post should be about. Any ideas and any tips?

Thanks x

- Angus - 04-08-2014 04:25 AM

An introductory post about you.

- YouDeveloper - 04-08-2014 04:31 AM

Find a niche with the stuff you are interested

- Peter - 04-08-2014 04:39 AM

Let first post be something about you and the things that you will be wrote about. It's something that we call "Hello World"

- Nick - 04-08-2014 04:41 AM

Establishing credibility is key with content marketing. (assuming you want to eventually monetize the blog).
I agree on posting an 'About' blog to start, but be sure to follow up with daily blogs within a few different categories.

*Automate*
Use a site like MyBlogGuest.com to get bloggers to post content and articles for free.

*Monetize*
Install Adsense once you have about 500 people per week visiting your blog.

*Content*
All blogs should be 400-600 words, with a keyword density of 1-5%. Be sure to include images, and site sources and credits where necessary.

*Management Platform*
Depending on if you are using Blogger or Wordpress, your SEO tactics may vary. See the blog cited below for a breakdown on the benefits of each.

The key is to keep fresh content rolling in daily. Be sure to have Google Authorship Markup and Publisher tag for optimum SEO.

- Richard - 04-08-2014 04:44 AM

Your very first post and what you must allot enough time and effort is your "about" page. People will normally want to find out what a blog is all about. Ignoring this will automatically hurt your branding.