Twitist Forums
If twitter is public? Why is looking at my 14 y/o sons friends tweets considered stalking? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: If twitter is public? Why is looking at my 14 y/o sons friends tweets considered stalking? (/thread-126528.html)

If twitter is public? Why is looking at my 14 y/o sons friends tweets considered stalking? - eileen d - 04-08-2014 04:17 AM

Isn't it my job to make sure he isn't in with the wrong crowd, or doing something wrong?

- Comicbook Reader - 04-08-2014 04:23 AM

Looking isn't stalking. You need to update your definition of stalking. No sane person claims overseeing your son's Twitter account is stalking, it's called parenting.

- Angela - 04-08-2014 04:31 AM

More than likely it's not criminal stalking, just stalking. Used this way, in this context, it's a bit of an over-statement. Unless you're acting strangely. You shouldn't be jumping into conversations, just monitoring. Not sure if everyone would agree with that.

- ★Ŕ♡MΛŔƐ★ - 04-08-2014 04:34 AM

You are doing your job well, Mom. Don't let the kids snow you.

- Mutt - 04-08-2014 04:44 AM

Who says it's "stalking"? Your 14 y/o son? Of course he's going to call it stalking.

- Big Sean - 04-08-2014 04:52 AM

What you described is NOT stalking. As long as your under-age child is in your custody he has no expectation of privacy. You can monitor his emails, internet searches and even read his diary. If he has a problem with that, take away his computer or cancel his internet service.