Twitist Forums
Republicans, why should I have to give my username and password for facebook just to get a job? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Marketing (/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Republicans, why should I have to give my username and password for facebook just to get a job? (/thread-12686.html)

Pages: 1 2

Republicans, why should I have to give my username and password for facebook just to get a job? - GorillaBuddy - 10-15-2012 08:24 PM

Don't you think this is an invasion of privacy? Or is it ok when the free market does it?
http://techcrunch.com/2012/03/28/house-shoots-down-bill-that-would-have-stopped-employers-from-demanding-your-facebook-password/
Actually it is a Republican thing. If you read the article you will see that almost all of the Republicans voted in support of companies having usernames and passwords of potential employees.

- Realist - 10-15-2012 08:32 PM

i dunno ask obummer

- loot for justice - 10-15-2012 08:32 PM

that is not a republican thing. in fact no party is trying to pass a law saying that, and you don't have to if you don't want to.

but why should i have to give my name, address, and SSN?

surely you are not saying that your FB password should be protected more than your SSN are you?

EDIT- as i said. the law did not force anyone to give up a FB password, and no party is pushing such a law so you still lose.

- Blue Moon - 10-15-2012 08:32 PM

I think it's fine if I typed in my own password and showed them, but I am not okay with giving it out.

- Portia - 10-15-2012 08:32 PM

You shouldn't. Why do you think that I as a republican would support that?

Edit: are you saying because the republicans in office voted for it, that all republican voters must support it? Do you agree with everything your elected [insert party] does?

- Big Pete - 10-15-2012 08:32 PM

You shouldn't. And employers don't have to hire you. See how simple that is?

- Ron Paul 2012 - 10-15-2012 08:32 PM

I don't think you should

- zealousshape350 - 10-15-2012 08:32 PM

If I start a business it is my capital and property at risk.........Why shouldn't I have the right to know everything about you I want and then discriminate against you if I so choose?

Do business owners not have rights?

You can find somewhere else to work if the terms of your employment are unsatisfactory.

- Alco - 10-15-2012 08:32 PM

You shouldn't

- The Oath Keeper - 10-15-2012 08:32 PM

i heard something about this... the answer is make your facebook unsearchable and if they ask tell them you dont have one