Twitist Forums
How do I appropriately acknowledge "Happy Birthday" on the Facebook page of someone who has died? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Pages (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: How do I appropriately acknowledge "Happy Birthday" on the Facebook page of someone who has died? (/thread-126861.html)

How do I appropriately acknowledge "Happy Birthday" on the Facebook page of someone who has died? - Adamismyname - 04-08-2014 04:23 AM

I just was looking at my Facebook birthday calendar and Monday is the birthday of a man I know (friend of my grandfather's) who died last summer. I don't want to write "Happy Birthday Bill" since he is dead but I would want to acknowledge something respectful for his family to see as his grandkids set him up with Facebook when he was home with colon cancer. How would I appropriately word it as he still has an account set up as if he were alive and at Christmas I saw a few people had written things like "thinking of you".

- Ashley Kim - 04-08-2014 04:30 AM

well i had a friend who died last year and i wrote happy birthday. thinking of you always. he shares the same birthday as me so i felt very depressed. just dont say it like he is still alive. say something in between