Twitist Forums
Why does netflix keep asking me if i want to share my movie history with facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook ads (/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: Why does netflix keep asking me if i want to share my movie history with facebook? (/thread-127382.html)

Why does netflix keep asking me if i want to share my movie history with facebook? - you know who you are - 04-08-2014 04:31 AM

Why on earth would i want that, same with youtube why would i want to let everyone know my anonymous thoughts .

- Carolyn H - 04-08-2014 04:39 AM

Because it's free advertising for them if you are willing to do it.

- Gabriela - 04-08-2014 04:45 AM

Because if on YouTube you like something they think you might want to share it because you like it and on Netflix it asked that because that is just a new update

- Model Pilot - 04-08-2014 04:49 AM

Your preferences, if you allow it, are shared with advertisers who do business with those enterprises. You will be targeted for certain offers and advertisements because Facebook and Netflix make money selling the info to folks for their use. It means money for them, and spam for you. "Friends" might find things to chat with you about based one the information, but the spam is an inevitable result.