Twitist Forums
Does anyone know if centrelink in Australia back pay? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Does anyone know if centrelink in Australia back pay? (/thread-127437.html)

Does anyone know if centrelink in Australia back pay? - Alicia - 04-08-2014 04:32 AM

My youth allowance has been discontinued as they were waiting for my mothers tax assessment. It has been completed now. Once centrelink recieve it does anyone know if the moiney i was entiled to will be back paid? If not all, at least some?

- Joshua - 04-08-2014 04:34 AM

you will get the money back...

- Blake S - 04-08-2014 04:35 AM

Yes they will pay you the money that you would have received during the period it was discontinued.

- Nathan - 04-08-2014 04:38 AM

Hi Alicia, I work for the Department of Human Services in a team answering questions on social media sites like this one. If you’ve provided your parent’s income details within 13 weeks of your payments cancelling and continue to meet all other eligibility criteria to receive Youth Allowance, your payments can be restored and any arrears owed to you paid along with your regular allowance payment. You can check details of your payment by logging in to your Centrelink account online. Hope this helps.