Twitist Forums
Is this a scam? (Ebay)? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Is this a scam? (Ebay)? (/thread-128153.html)

Is this a scam? (Ebay)? - Kanaan - 04-08-2014 04:45 AM

Hi everyone, i am seller on amazon and its much more safer to use amazon then ebay, since Ebay owns paypall and paypall is the only means of paying, its alot easier to claim purchases and get scammed.

Someone bought my malfunction Macbook 2008 (Link at bottom of question.)

And the buyer provided ebay the address; 32 Lexington Avenue New York, NY 10010

I used google maps to make sure the buyer wasn't in an apartment and forgot to add the number, since new york is full of em, etc. But the address pinpoints a resturant.

I believe it is a Mexican resturant of some sort because the buyers name is "Fabian".
Not sure what todo at this point, suggestions?

Link to ebay post:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=231153352818

- Uihkjhjk - 04-08-2014 04:50 AM

Well, they should pay before you send the package off anyways. That's how it works! It wouldn't make much sense for you to send it off then they pay you. Does it say payment pending? Does it say they haven't paid? You can contact the buyer by messaging them. The address doesn't matter, what matters is if they have good reviews and if they pay you beforehand. It is actually kind of uncommon to get scammed on ebay, plus there is eBay's protection thing, which you should be aware of.

- SilverTonguedDevil - 04-08-2014 04:57 AM

PayPal is safe payment.
Delivery to work address makes more sense than to an apartment building.
Mexicans use computers, too. I knew a guy in France named Fabian.

The restaurant is the Gramercy Grill, Flatiron neighborhood, a student hood, Baruch College (CUNY), NYU School of Dentistry, NY School of Design. Probably a student working his way through, can't take delivery at his dorm.

I wouldn't be sweating even if it were Taco Bell and name José.

<0-0>