Twitist Forums
Can anyone check my paragraph? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter abbreviations (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Can anyone check my paragraph? (/thread-1291.html)

Can anyone check my paragraph? - manpreet - 09-30-2012 11:54 PM

The Use of Texting and Social Media Abbreviations

Many people have not only adapted to the new ways of communicating with the printed media, but they have embraced texting and social media abbreviations. There are many common abbreviations that people use for texting, but the most popular abbreviations are LOL, XOXO, and OMG. These abbreviations are well-known with people that they started to trend in the internet with social sites like Facebook and Twitter. The LOL is a well-known abbreviation which stands for “Laughing Out Loud”, and it is so popular that it is spread from written to spoken communication. Many people use the abbreviation if they find something amusing like a funny joke. If people want to express affection to their loved ones, then they use the abbreviation XOXO. It stands for “Hugs and Kisses,” the O stands for a hug and the X stands for a kiss; many people use it for love letters, but now they use it for texting. When people find any situations to be either shocking or surprising, they will say or write OMG. This means “Oh My God”, and people will use it for ironic or dangerous situations. The abbreviations are also considered by many people their second language since they not only use it for technologies, but they use it for essay and paragraph assignments which professors do not approve of. The texting and social media abbreviations will always be part of peoples lives.

- Helennn - 10-01-2012 12:02 AM

Many people have not only adapted to the new ways of communicating with the printed media, but they have embraced texting and social media abbreviations. There are many common abbreviations that people use for texting, but the most popular abbreviations are 'LOL', 'XOXO', and 'OMG'. These abbreviations are well-known with people that they started to trend in the internet with social sites like Facebook and Twitter. 'LOL' is a well-known abbreviation which stands for “Laughing Out Loud”, and it is so popular that it is spread from written to spoken communication. Many people use the abbreviation if they find something amusing like a funny joke. If people want to express affection to their loved ones, then they use the abbreviation XOXO, which stands for “Hugs and Kisses.” If you look at each letter as if you were looking at two people from an aerial view, the 'O' represents the arms of those persons hugging each other while the 'X' is evocative of two people kissing each other. Many people use it for love letters, but now it is used in texting. When people find any situations to be either shocking or surprising, they will say or write OMG. This means “Oh My God”, and people will use it for ironic or dangerous situations. The abbreviations are also considered by many people their second language since they not only use it for technologies, but they use it for essay and paragraph assignments which teachers and professors do not approve of. The texting and social media abbreviations will always be part of peoples lives.