Twitist Forums
Purpose for name tags in facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Purpose for name tags in facebook? (/thread-129107.html)

Purpose for name tags in facebook? - Paetur A R. J. - 04-08-2014 06:21 PM

I am not trying/attempting to sound stupid or troller, but a curiosity just came before me.

In some facebook comments, likely about a subject or a video, people simply "tags" his/her names, when they comment. And here is my todays question to you: Why? When it involves with a video, commercial, celebration and ect., some people's comments contains just tags of the person's name.

Unfortunately, I don't have the photos to provide a proving material of what I am trying to tell, so I'll cross fingers that you still understand what I am trying to talk about.

I'm still new to this "facebook" stuffs, so please help me out.

I would appreciate your constructive and helpful ways to explain this.

Thank you for reading my message and I'll look forward for some nice answers Smile

PS: And I know facebook isn't the only place for taggings. Don't get me wrong.
Edit: - to sound stupid or trolling, -
PSS: Pardon for my gramma.

- anup kumar - 04-08-2014 06:25 PM

your answer is very simple Facebook tags use for mention someone so that they get a notification on their account on that tag purpose

- Daniel - 04-08-2014 06:34 PM

The Purpose of Tagging is To Identify Someone So In Photos When you Tag Someone you are Identifying them In The Picture in a Comment You Tag Someone if you Want to Mention Them in The Comment and if you Want Them to See it Tagging Them in is a Good Way to Get it Noticed

- Jasmine - 04-08-2014 06:38 PM

Just to specify that person or to attach them with this event.

- Solution - 04-08-2014 06:45 PM

To tell any other friend that whose associated with this.