Twitist Forums
Can a Facebook page creator be removed as an admin without killing the Facebook page? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Pages (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Can a Facebook page creator be removed as an admin without killing the Facebook page? (/thread-12939.html)

Can a Facebook page creator be removed as an admin without killing the Facebook page? - NeroDude - 10-15-2012 08:33 PM

I work for a software company, and we have our own "page" on Facebook. The person who used to do my job has left the company, but still exists as the "creator" of my Facebook page. If I have this person remove herself as the creator (we have other people assigned as admins, including me), will this kill the Facebook page? Or is it safe to have her remove herself?

- Life is my source - 10-15-2012 08:42 PM

If by "page" you mean group, the creator CAN leave. HOWEVER, you will not be able to change as much settings as a creator could (ie if there is a "You must be part of .... network to join", you cannot change that.)

I would recommend creating a new group and making yourself the creator. Then spam the original group members with the "Message Group" link and give them a link to join it.

Most things can be changed, but the creator is unique it its powers to change, although it is very little Admins can't change.