Twitist Forums
Amazon Seller Problem? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Amazon Seller Problem? (/thread-129553.html)

Amazon Seller Problem? - David Burns - 04-08-2014 06:29 PM

So I recently made a purchase from a seller on Amazon.com in which I bought a Windows Media Center Extender. The ad stipulated that for the device to work you need a Windows Media Center PC. I have a Windows 7 Home Premium computer which has Window Media Center which I frequently use my Xbox 360 as an extender for. Now when I finally got the Extender I tried to set it up and the install program said that the Extender only works with Windows XP. I asked the seller for a return refund because I could not use the item which he failed to mention only worked with Windows XP but he said that because he had said in the AD that it needed a Windows Media Center PC that he would not return my money. So what action can/should I take from here? His wording of Windows Media Center PC is very misleading seeing as how he is refering to a specific PC(apparently) and I was lead to believe that any PC with Windows Media Center would work.

- Virtus - 04-08-2014 06:33 PM

Call 1 (888) 280-3321 for Amazon customer service. If you get a machine offering you options, start pressing random buttons until it connects you with a service rep. Explain the situation and prepare to have information ready to give them (order numbers, the sellers name, etc.)