Twitist Forums
Think outside the box...? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Think outside the box...? (/thread-130180.html)

Think outside the box...? - whisperdawg - 04-08-2014 06:40 PM

A while back, I decided to make my coworker's job a little more fun by creating new ways to send him information. Every month, I must send him a # (Ex: 154379). Since I realize data entry can be quite boring and monotonous, I decided to add a little flavor to our emails by sending my monthly numbers to him in various forms. For instance, one month I photoshopped a picture of a highway and the placed my # on the city population sign in the ditch. Another month, I used an online bar code generator and sent it to him so that he actually had to hold his smartphone up to the computer monitor and use a scan app to decode the mileage. Another time, I photoshopped the score board of a sporting event and placed the numbers in that. Any other quirky ideas? Be as original as you can!

- Arsby - 04-08-2014 06:44 PM

A picture of the number as a house number through a pane of glass, so it looks backwards.

Be very careful about doing this at work, the boss would probably prefer you to be working than playing.

- wouthezx - 04-08-2014 06:52 PM

The # actually made me think about HEX-colors Smile If you use Photoshop i guess you are already familiar with HEX-codes though. for example if you want to send him the number 154379, send him a big square that has the HEX-color #154379 (would turn out a blue ish color)

- Boss - 04-08-2014 06:59 PM

Yea that's fine.