Twitist Forums
USPS shipping cost too high to Europe?PLEASE HELP if you live in USA? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: USPS shipping cost too high to Europe?PLEASE HELP if you live in USA? (/thread-130285.html)

USPS shipping cost too high to Europe?PLEASE HELP if you live in USA? - ? - 04-08-2014 06:42 PM

Hello,
I have a question for people who lives in USA, expecially if you live at Denver, CO, United States.

I would like to order an item by Etzy shop, and the seller (from Denver) says that ship as: USPS First Class International

This have a tracking number? What I feel strange is the price... the item are just 100 seed beads (so you can image how light is the weight and the dimension of shipping in a normal flat tiny bubble envelope, so I don' t understand why the seller ask €1.80 EUR for the beads
and for shipping ask €9.73 EUR

Now, we know $ are inferior to € so

9,73 € in dollar the seller will receive something like around 18 $ !

I think to send a tiny flat envelope with some beads is too expensive!
What do you think?

What's the price for shipping from Usa items like this, with and without a tracking number?
Do you know both prices? (shipping TO FRANCE )

Thanks in advance for the info!

- Who, me? - 04-08-2014 06:52 PM

International shipping is very expensive, that price sounds about right. It has to be driven to a US airport, flown across the Atlantic (fuel is expensive), and then driven/delivered to you.

Really, when you think about it, it's amazing that you can have something shipped ~5,000 miles for $18 (or 8,000km for 9,73 €). Think of all the employees involved in sorting and delivering the package to you, as well as the cost of all the fuel, trucks, planes, etc that are involved.