Twitist Forums
What's the point of tumblr? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: What's the point of tumblr? (/thread-130574.html)

What's the point of tumblr? - eskimo - 04-08-2014 06:47 PM

So before I made a tumblr my friend told me it was a way to express myself freely and meet people in my interest groups. So after finally making one to see what all the fuss was about, I still don't get the point of tumblr, I'm just liking pictures(and re-blogging my favorites). Does this even matter? I mean I don't see a way to communicate with people in my interests group. Do I have to re-blog and add a message back? That's kind of dumb in my opinion. I also don't see a point in blogging my feelings or w/e when A.) no one is going to see it so why would you bother posting something no one is going to see(like writing a letter and never sending it - no point)? and B.) If I didn't keep my emotions bottled up almost all of the time, I'd sound like a whiny emo teenager(which I'm not).

So can someone tell me the point of tumblr or why people find it so entertaining or worth their time?

- That one - 04-08-2014 06:50 PM

I use it for fashion inspiration. It's really not as deep as you are making it out to be. It's a place to look at pictures of things you are interested in.

- Mrs.Halloween - 04-08-2014 06:59 PM

I like Tumblr because there are so many hilarious posts on it and it's also a good platform for spreading new ideas. It depends on what blogs you follow though. Some just post pictures, others are user-submitted things.