Twitist Forums
If I uninstall an app, will. it restore the space it took up? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: If I uninstall an app, will. it restore the space it took up? (/thread-130992.html)

If I uninstall an app, will. it restore the space it took up? - Thergz - 04-08-2014 07:13 PM

I recently uninstalled an app on my phone. It took up a lot of space. Will uninstalling the app restore the space it took? Because I checked the storage on my phone, but I had as much free space as I did when the app was installed.

- tumbleweed_biff - 04-08-2014 07:20 PM

Uninstalling should remove whatever files the thing installed. You can delete the program directory and you may have to remove any user files made by the program.

- Ermir - 04-08-2014 07:28 PM

Not always, because usually the uninstall process removes only the program itself, not the files it has created during it's usage, so depending on what phone or OS you use, you might need a deeper cleaning

- Trushant - 04-08-2014 07:34 PM

It Depends upon the app.
Most of the apps delete its app data on uninstall, so yes, normally it should restore the space it took up.

If it doesn't.. search for its folder in android/appname or your root directory/appname & delete it