Twitist Forums
What phone a 13 years old should get? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Instagram (/forum-26.html)
+--- Forum: Instagram and android (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: What phone a 13 years old should get? (/thread-131427.html)

Pages: 1 2

What phone a 13 years old should get? - Bibi - 04-08-2014 07:21 PM

I know is not necessary at all, but all my friends have blackberrys, iPhone, samsungs and all that stuff and they would laugh at me since I don't have one, (my fake friends are the ones that laugh) so iwas thinking to get one and im saving up money to get a one, I already have one and is touchscreen but sometimes it doesn't even turn on, and once we got out of school early and i couldn't call my dad to pick me up so I waited for him an hour and some minutes alone at school... is there any cheap good phones, if I get one I'll mostly use it to take pics, listen to music,whatsapp and instagram
No mean comments, I know I shouldn't have a phone but im upset >·< and I feel bad cause my parents can't afford most of the things my friends have and that's ok! But my friends make it hard... at least I have a tablet, food and house Tongue and im greatful
But seriously what should I get?

- Mayesha C - 04-08-2014 07:23 PM

I'm turning 14 next week, I have an iPhone 4s it's probably the best company brand/make ever.

- Oroua - 04-08-2014 07:26 PM

Get a Telstra Pulse, or a Samsung Galaxy Ace! Both great phones for an affordable price and they do everything a good smartphone would!

- epona - 04-08-2014 07:36 PM

A thirteen year old doesn't need a cell phone.
Kids spend TOO MUCH time on electronic gadgets!
So do older people!

- Timoteo - 04-08-2014 07:37 PM

epona is right

- мσяgαи - 04-08-2014 07:38 PM

If you can't afford a smartphone, that's perfectly okay- I didn't get my iPhone until I was 16. There are a lot of decent, affordable phones with plans around $30 a month- some of my friends use Koodo, and seem to get pretty good deals. Don't feel pressured into getting a fancy phone, there are way more important things, plus if your friends are true friends, they won't care about your phone. (:

- Shaden - 04-08-2014 07:42 PM

iPhone 4 if u want cheap but iPhone 5 is better but it's expensive

- General - 04-08-2014 07:48 PM

That depends highly on what features you really need and what your budget is.

From the criteria you've mentioned, I think your best choice would be a low-end smartphone. They'll have decent cameras, music players, touchscreens, access to apps, and web browsing (which will let you do Instagram and more).

To keep things affordable, look for a used phone. I got one of my smartphones for about 1/6 (that's not a typo--one sixth) of the new price off eBay. A model of phone that was released about two years ago will be drastically reduced in price, but similar in features to many of the popular phones today.

I personally prefer Android phones. Anything from the Motorola Droid or Atrix line is good (I have a Motorola Droid Pro and Atrix 2 myself). Samsung makes a wide variety of phones, from not-that-good to some of the best in the world. If you prefer Apple, the iPhone 3G, 4, 4S, etc. are all available at greatly reduced prices now that the iPhone 5 is out, but they're still more expensive than a comparable Android phone. I would not recommend a BlackBerry because they seem to be dying out and usually cost more than a similar Android or Apple phone.

If you don't think you need a smartphone, you could always get a "dumbphone" with a lot of features. LG makes a wide range of non-smartphones with touchscreens, cameras, and all kinds of features, but you won't be able to get apps.

IN SUMMARY: The best phone you can get for your money is probably a used Motorola or Samsung smartphone from 2011. Check eBay, check local listings, see if anyone you know is selling theirs. By going with a recently "obsolete" model, you'll get a lot more phone for your money and have something just as good as your friends.

- A GingerMonkey - 04-08-2014 07:57 PM

Get a Nokia N-Gage its got every thing a 13 year old would ever need and its cheaper than all the other smartphones:

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/111157212538?var=lv&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y&lpid=66&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=66

- Joshua - 04-08-2014 08:03 PM

Probably the iPhone 4S. It's gotten a lot cheaper. If you want cheaper phones there are often promotions from carriers. Just go to their website and find promotions. I know that my friend got a Sony Xperia xl for fifty bucks with two year contract.

Don't worry, as of right now, I don't even have a phone (i'm 14) and probably won't even get one till next year.