Twitist Forums
Does use of WiFi affect the wifi bill? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Does use of WiFi affect the wifi bill? (/thread-131536.html)

Does use of WiFi affect the wifi bill? - Claytin - 04-08-2014 07:23 PM

I use WiFi 24/7. Whenever I am home I use it. But I don't want to to have a big bill. Does the amount of time with my WiFi on increase the bill?

- Flo - 04-08-2014 07:29 PM

Depends on your contract. A flat rate will most probably not be affected. If you pay for the amount of MB you download or anything similar you will have to pay a big bill.

- Jayson Bennett - 04-08-2014 07:30 PM

It depends on what company you are with and what plan you are on. For example I get my internet from at&t and the plan I am on is that I get 150GB every month and for every extra 50GB I go over every month is $5. But for me I am the only one on my plan so I never even use the 150GB I get each month. I might use about half of that even when I am on Netflix and youtube and everything else

- David - 04-08-2014 07:38 PM

Hi,

No the amount of time does not increase the bill however you bill will be exceeded on the basis of upload and download. If you have a service arrangement with your service provider on timing basis then i must advise you to turn of your router after use to avoid increase in bill. Hope this answers your question.

Good luck.