Twitist Forums
Facebook advertising Scam? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook ads (/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: Facebook advertising Scam? (/thread-131612.html)

Facebook advertising Scam? - John L - 04-08-2014 07:24 PM

I fear Ive been ripped off by a Manchester (UK) based company (who are Independent of facebook) that was going to advertise my business on a Two week trial on Facebook (please note that its not Facebook that's the problem), they showed me a Draft of an advert, Said it would be Shown to around 32,000 facebook users within my Postcode catchment area, I paid £60 by Credit Card and I was told the Advert would be live within 48 hours...well, here we are a week later and no Advert and I am £60 Lighter.........I shall not at present name the Company that sold me the advert as it might be Libelous to do so..

I got to thinking afterwards that Facebook would only ever let themselves control what they advertise and with hindsight I guess they'd never allow other Advertising from 3rd party companies to usurp their advertising space..

I just wondered if any of you out their have been Scammed in this way by these folks..I

- Kittysue - 04-08-2014 07:31 PM

Report them to Trading Standards right away/ And also call your credit card company to report a fraudulent transaction.