Twitist Forums
Is it wrong to use adsense? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: SEO Search Engine Optimization (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Is it wrong to use adsense? (/thread-131746.html)

Is it wrong to use adsense? - Alex Rodriguez - 04-08-2014 07:26 PM

I am currently developing a blog to log my various service projects through pictures and stories. I am mainly doing so to impress universities and future employers. My question is would it be unethical or a turn-off to colleges to see me using adsense or other ads to make a monetary gain. Keep in mind that impressing colleges is my main goal and that the extra money isn't the important part.

- Jake - 04-08-2014 07:34 PM

You typically need tens of thousands of visitors in order to earn the min. Adsense payout of $100, by your description I would doubt it would ever pay off, there are Adsense Alternatives a web search will turn up with more like a $10 min payout.
I personally would not clutter such a site with ads, you could be promoting some non profit charities instead.

- Sophie - 04-08-2014 07:42 PM

If the placement does not bother the readers, it is fine to place one or two ads. And the Google ads shows the relevant ads so it will be very cool.

- Poppy - 04-08-2014 07:49 PM

If your concern is not about income then remove the ads, since it makes the users feel that they are promoting for income