Twitist Forums
I uninstalled chrome from my laptop, thinking I had another browser installed. Now I cannot get on the internet at all. - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: I uninstalled chrome from my laptop, thinking I had another browser installed. Now I cannot get on the internet at all. (/thread-132501.html)

I uninstalled chrome from my laptop, thinking I had another browser installed. Now I cannot get on the internet at all. - Shelley H - 04-08-2014 07:41 PM

I need to install a web browser from the command prompt now. Have no idea how to!

- Ajenthan - 04-08-2014 07:48 PM

Look for Internet Explorer in Windows. From the CMD prompt, type iexplore.exe (Internet Explorer Browser for Windows) and headover to google.com and search for google chrome on that site.

- Art Bacon - 04-08-2014 07:57 PM

Is this a Windows computer? If so, Internet Explorer is built into the operating system. Click the "start" button (the globe on Windows 7 and 8). In the "Search programs and files" box, type:

iexplore.exe

That should start IE. Go to google.com, search for Firefox (or Chrome, or Safari, or whatever browser you want) and download and install it.