Twitist Forums
How would proxy settings in browser become changed? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: How would proxy settings in browser become changed? (/thread-132871.html)

How would proxy settings in browser become changed? - freond1 - 04-08-2014 07:48 PM

I ran Live Update in Norton Security Suite, and it failed with a message that proxy setting were changed in my browser in a way that prevented Live Update from running. It offered a fix, which ran quickly and then Live Update ran OK.

My question is how those proxy settings might have been changed? I don't touch them.

I primarily use Firefox, but have IE and Chrome installed. I don't know which browser Norton was referring to.

I should have researched what the proxy settings were on each browser before running the fix, but I didn't. I will next time. Sorry for not having that data, and I realize that at best I can get only a very general answer to my question. But that will do for now, if anyone can provide one. Thanks!

- NortonSupport - 04-08-2014 07:49 PM

Do you have any DNS enabled for your Internet connectivity? Do you use any kind of VPN connectivity? Can you check the Security History in Norton for any possible errors/problems detected?

Thanks!
Harry

- Micheal - 04-08-2014 07:55 PM

If you are using any proxy and VPN for this activity may be its showing because of this .. Check your browser setting (LAN Setting) when you run the update..