Twitist Forums
Which of these would LEAST likely be taken away from a child? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Which of these would LEAST likely be taken away from a child? (/thread-133042.html)

Which of these would LEAST likely be taken away from a child? - Robbieraeful - 04-08-2014 07:51 PM

I was having a discussion on how to control myself and when it would be appropriate to use social media.

Which of these would LEAST likely be taken away from a child?
a) cameras
b) going to school
c) YouTube
d) video games

When you answer, can you please give me an explanation on why you chose this answer?

- Rae - 04-08-2014 07:57 PM

Going to school

- Substance_Blue - 04-08-2014 08:01 PM

You mean, just in general by a totally generalized populace? The question itself isn't really a complete question, since it would vary by circumstance. There is no absolute answer.

But given just as a generalization, I would say any electronic privileges, which would include cameras, YouTube, and video games as a whole. In other words, Internet and video game privileges, with cameras as something secondary to the same idea.

You can't "take" school from a child, since that's 1) technically illegal and 2) more of a reward than a privilege to most children.

Explanation: Simply using "electronics" is a basic term the child would understand best, or at the very least, the Internet. It doesn't make much sense to separate C and D, since if they don't have one, they'll just use the other. It's important not to remove something specific as much as things that could be called privileges. A camera is highly subjective, but if the child loves cameras, that can also be included.

- ? - 04-08-2014 08:09 PM

Going to school