Twitist Forums
Is there a way to show a false email id when emailing someone? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Is there a way to show a false email id when emailing someone? (/thread-133076.html)

Is there a way to show a false email id when emailing someone? - catlover - 04-08-2014 07:51 PM

Is there a way to display a false email id when emailing someone so they cannot the real email id & if I change the false id back to the real id in future they won't be able to email me anymore?

For example if my real id is 123user@yahoo.com & I give it a fake name Newbie@yahoo.com, will the person I am emailing be able to see that my real one is 123 & not newbie & if I suddenly change it back will they still be able to email me using Newbie@yahoo.com?

I want to know if this is possible so that I can even more safe & if I'm not getting on with someone I can cut them off easily. Yes there is the blacklist option but they will still know my real email address that way & I think this is even better.

Please answer only if you know the answer to this technical question & not to ask more questions.

Thanks in advance.

- geronimo - 04-08-2014 08:01 PM

use a disposable email service like spamgourmet.com (for example). there are a lot of them out there.